Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What *is* a cocktail dress? Something to spill cocktails on.

Watching - Yesterday afternoon I watched Bell, Book and Candle with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak prior to their filming Vertigo. It was okay, not a great film, but had a very decent cast, including Jack Lemon, who is always wonderful!


Last night, while the boys watched NCIS, I was lucky enough to catch two of my favorites (William Powell and Jean Arthur) in a fun movie from 1936 The Ex-Mrs. Bradford. There were a few moments where I think the movie got confusing because of the number of suspects, but it was a delight to watch these two and the butler, played by Eric Blore. The quote for the day is one of the exchanges between Powell and Arthur that got a chuckle from me, because the delivery was just perfect!

Reading - I finished Marley and Me the other night and it was such a sweet story. It really makes me appreciate my wild puppy/dog of Trixie! I'm now concentrating on What Was She Thinking. I'm also really wanting to get to the library to pick up several holds.

No comments: